Copyright 2010-2014 by Daryl Gassaway. All rights reserved.
The Master Builder Award
Over the past 7 years we have heard some of the entrants of the Lower Left Coast NNL wanting
to know which model was number 1. Since we originally set the show up to be non competitive
we simply explained that wasn't how we did it at this show. However, this year we are going to
add a Master Builder Award. This award will be the only judged award of the show. Any kind of
model can be entered in the Master Builder Category from Box Stock to totally Scratch Built.
Master Builder Category models compete for the Master Builder Award only and are not be
eligible for any other award. There will be no additional registration fee for any model entered in
the Master Builder Class as long as the model is counted in the 10 models entered for the basic
entry fee of $10.00. All Master Builder models will be on a separate table and no other models
are permitted on that table. The winner will be picked by a 3 Judge panel using a critical judging
criteria. There will be only 1 Master Builder Award and the Judges decision is final.
1) The builder listed on the entry form MUST be the builder of every part of the model, not
the person that assembled components built by or painted by others.
2) The use of all aftermarket parts, this includes one off custom made aftermarket parts, is
3) No Die Cast or Wooden models allowed. All bodies must be either plastic, brass or resin.
4) The model may be handled by the Judges during judging. If you do not want your model
handled you must check the box on the place mat saying. "Do not handle".
5) Only one Master Award given, winner takes all. All models is entered in the Master
Builder Category are not eligible for Adult Fab Five, the Junior Top Trio or Theme
In addition to our normal kit sellers M & S Hobbies, Art Lasky with the Pro Tech line and Herb
Deeks will be selling aftermarket parts at the show.